- Discuss LAN architecture as it applies to industrial networks
- Compare the structures of star, common bus, and ring topology, and identify advantages and disadvantages of each configuration
- Discuss how error detection is accomplished in the various network topologies
- Describe common methods of network access used in PLC systems
- Describe different types of transfer medium and identify their pros and cons
- Define throughput and describe its impact on system response
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will have a basic understanding of LAN architecture and topology, communication network access, and transmission media.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸