- Define PID and discuss its importance to the facility
- Identify who uses the PID
- List the types of information typically found on a PID and describe where each of the following is located on the drawing:
- Title block
- Main drawing
- Line schedules
- Equipment descriptions
- Issue descriptions
- Zone numbers
- Describe a master sheet and identify commonly used symbols
- Identify instruments, control loops, line designations, and piping on the PID
- Trace the course of a process from beginning to end
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will have the skills necessary to read a P&ID. You will be able to identify symbols and function labels, as well as describe how the components are related.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸