- Explain the purpose of an electrical switch
- Identify the various types of electrical switches
- Describe variations and operating principles of throw and pole switches
- Explain difference between mercury and reed relay switches
- Describe the operation of mercury, reed relay, float, pressure, limit, flow, pushbutton, selector, and drum switches
- Describe the operation of joysticks
- Identify the operating principles of interlock switches
- Explain the purpose and operation of safety switches
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to identify common types of electrical switching devices, and describe the principles of their operation.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸