- Describe the purpose of each of the major PLC components
- Discuss basic PLC operation
- Describe the internal structure of the CPU
- Describe the internal architecture of a typical PLC
- Identify typical input and output devices
- Discuss the function of the I/O (input/output) modules
- Identify types of signals used by PLC and discuss how they are handled
- Define ladder logic and explain its use
- Discuss how binary, octal, and hexadecimal numbering systems are used in PLC programming
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to describe the design and function of the major components of a PLC. In addition, you will be able to convert numbers from decimal to binary, binary coded decimal, and hexadecimal.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸