- State the three functions of an HVAC system and briefly discuss each
- Describe the difference between HVAC ducting and HVAC equipment in relation to airflow
- Discuss three reasons sheet metal ductwork provides superior airflow over flexible ducting; include the topics of installation, mold, and maintenance
- Describe a hybrid duct system and state why flex ducting is often used at the end of the run
- List industry standard ducting components and describe the role each plays in the ducting system
- State the main differences between smoke dampers and fire dampers
- Describe three commonly reported HVAC related issues which are caused by reduced airflow
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will understand the important role ducting plays in the HVAC system’s ability to provide maximum airflow. You will also be able to identify common HVAC airflow issues related to poorly implemented ducting.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸