- Explain the role of a chiller in an HVAC circuit
- State specific conditions under which a water-cooled chiller would be better employed than an air-cooled chiller
- Sketch the flow paths of chilled water, refrigerant, and cooling water through a water-cooled chiller’s main components; include the following:
- Metering device
- Cooling tower
- Give examples of two or more industry standard maintenance operations for industrial chillers
- Summarize the rationale of capturing heat exhausted by a chiller
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will know the purpose of an industrial HVAC chiller and understand how its main components work together to remove heat from the system’s refrigerant, allowing the HVAC circuit to provide cool air to the facility. You will also understand how heat exhausted from the chiller can be captured and reused as energy elsewhere at the facility, and you will be familiar with general maintenance recommendations which help keep the chiller operating at peak performance.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸