- Identify the function of the vertical milling machine’s operational controls
- Explain how workpieces and cutting tools may be precision located through coordinate measuring
- Explain how to square a workpiece on a vertical milling machine
- Describe the use of the holding and clamping tools
- Explain how to determine suitable speeds and feeds for various:
- Cutting tools
- Workpiece materials
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to identify the basic control systems and machining methods used on a vertical milling machine and explain the basic operations necessary to manufacture replacement or repair parts used in various types of equipment.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸