- Describe the principles of operation behind tungsten inert gas (TIG) welding
- Describe the design and function of each of the following components:
- TIG welding torch
- TIG electrodes
- Explain the purpose of the use of shielding gas
- Describe the use of TIG welding filler materials
- Explain how to start a TIG welding arc
- Discuss TIG welding positions
- Explain the process of hot wire welding
- Explain the process of pulsed TIG welding
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to describe tungsten inert gas (TIG) welding methods. In addition, you will be able to discuss the design and function of components used in the process.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸