- Describe the operating principles behind shielded metal arc welding (SMAW)
- List equipment commonly used in SMAW
- Explain how to strike and sustain a welding arc
- Explain how to control weld crater formation and overcome arc blow
- Describe various welding electrodes and their uses
- Discuss American Welding Society (AWS) symbol representation for electrodes
- Identify various welding positions commonly used in SMAW
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to describe shielded metal arc welding (SMAW) and identify equipment, procedures, and methods used in successful SMAW operations.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸