- Explain the principles of operation behind gas metal arc welding (GMAW)
- Describe the design and function of each of the following components:
- GMAW wire feeders
- GMAW electrode wires
- GMAW guns
- List the shielding gases that can be used during GMAW
- Explain how to start an arc when performing GMAW
- Describe the four main methods of metal transfer associated with GMAW
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to describe gas metal arc welding (GMAW) methods. In addition, you will be able to discuss the design and function of components used in the GMAW process.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸