- Define liquid nitrogen and give examples of how it is used in a laboratory environment
- Describe some hazards associated with liquid nitrogen
- Describe safe handling procedures for using and transporting liquid nitrogen
- Identify the types of liquid nitrogen containers and their components
- Identify potential issues involving liquid nitrogen containers and recall recommended troubleshooting procedures
- Recall the actions to take in case of a spill or health emergency involving liquid nitrogen
Available in English
This lesson will provide you with awareness training for the hazards associated with liquid nitrogen and provide best practices for using, moving, and storing liquid nitrogen dewars in laboratory and makerspace environments.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸