- Identify the sources of radiation they will likely encounter in a lab or clinical setting
- Describe the radiation safety program
- Recognize the requirements for projects that involve radiation.
- Explain what radiation is
- List the forms of radiation
- Describe how radiation is measured.
- Explain the routes of exposure to radiation
- Describe the effects of exposure to radiation
Available in English
In laboratory settings, exposure to radiation must be monitored and mitigated with appropriate safety precautions, because the risk of radiation poisoning is real. However, with proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and knowledge of appropriate safety measures, laboratory environments can limit the likelihood of exposure for students and staff.
Because Radiation is dangerous, it is extremely important to know the safety basics before entering lab environments. This comprehensive training covers radiation safety basics.
The goal of this course is to deliver knowledge required to work safely around radiation in university laboratories.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸