- Discuss the increase of harmonics in electrical equipment and systems
- Describe harmonic frequency and explain how harmonic frequencies are caused
- Identify the difference between linear and non-linear loads
- Describe how motors react to harmonic currents
- Explain harmonic current reactions in transformers
- Describe problems harmonics cause in power systems
- Discuss total harmonic distortion and list ways to minimize harmonic distortion
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to describe problems that may arise in electrical systems due to harmonics. In addition, you will be able to identify the benefit of equipment with minimal harmonic distortion and discuss the wiring methods used to minimize the effects of harmonics.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸