- Explain why a hydrogen cooling system is a preferred option for operating with AC power generators
- List three properties of hydrogen which make it the efficient gas to use for industrial generator cooling purposes
- Describe how a generator is purged of hydrogen gas using carbon dioxide gas
- Identify hydrogen monitoring systems commonly found in power generation facilities
- Discuss why a seal oil system is required for a hydrogen-cooled generator
- Identify the parts of a stator cooling system commonly found in power generation facilities
- Define the term “isolated-phase bus” and discuss steps to cool it
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to discuss industry standard heat reduction methods for industrial AC power generation, including hydrogen cooling systems and their associated equipment.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸