- Identify the windings and connections of a DC generator using generator drawings
- Identify the windings and connections of a DC motor using motor drawings
- Explain some problems commonly found with brushes and commutators
- Describe the basics of commutator and brush maintenance for DC generators and motors
- Identify items to be checked as part of regular maintenance and inspections
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to describe the basic components of a DC motor and a DC generator, and be prepared to conduct basic maintenance and inspections of each.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸