- Identify the parts of a voltaic cell
- Explain the distinction between a cell and a battery
- Describe the electrochemical action associated with cells and batteries
- Compare the discharge and charge processes
- Identify ways to increase battery voltage and capacity
- Define amp-hours
- Explain the main difference between a primary and a secondary cell
- Describe how specific gravity affects cell voltage
- Discuss types of battery charging methods
- List safety precautions needed when testing or working with batteries
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will understand the overall design and function of today's batteries. In addition, you will be able to identify maintenance practices you can perform to keep them ready for service.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸