- Identify two main categories of AC induction motors
- List the basic components of an AC induction motor and their functions
- Discuss the operating characteristics of single-phase AC induction motors
- Compare the design and function of the following pairs of motors:
- A single-phase AC induction motor and a three-phase AC induction motor
- A standard three-phase motor and a wound rotor, three-phase motor
- A standard squirrel-cage, three-phase induction motor and a three-phase, wound rotor AC induction motor
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to describe the design and function of several different types of AC induction motors.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸