- Describe the makeup of a magnetic field
- State the law of magnetism
- Define the following terms:
- Magnetic flux
- Motor slip
- Synchronous speed
- Describe electromagnetic force
- Discuss the theory behind the operation of single-phase AC motor rotating stator fields
- Explain the rotation of an AC squirrel cage rotor
- Discuss the three-phase motor’s rotating stator field and its associated waveform
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to describe how an electric AC motor uses the principles of magnetism and magnetic fields to convert electrical energy into mechanical energy.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸