- List the common causes of motor failure
- Identify some items to check when visually inspecting an electric motor
- List conditions to watch for when maintaining electric motors
- Discuss the value of checking and monitoring motor operating temperatures
- Describe the difference between sleeve bearings and rolling element bearings
- Describe how lubrication differs between sealed bearings and open face bearings
- List some common causes of vibration
- Discuss the value of monitoring voltage
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will be able to describe general electric motor maintenance and inspection activities.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸