- List the components of a generator
- Describe a rotating field generator
- Identify the purpose of an exciter
- Explain the process of electromagnetic induction
- Describe the sine wave that is formed when a conductor is rotated through a magnetic field
- Identify the difference between a single-phase voltage sine wave and a three-phase voltage sine wave
- Explain the relationship between frequency and speed in an AC generator
- Explain how to increase voltage produced by a conductor
Available in English
When you complete this lesson, you will understand how an AC generator produces an AC voltage.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸