- Recall the purpose of Transmission Relay Loadability
- Identify the applicability of PRC-023-4 to functional entities
- Recall the process of coordinating protection between fuses and overcurrent protection relays
- Recall the difference between fuse saving and fuse blowing protection schemes
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of using overcurrent protection relays
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of using distance relays
- Recall how ground fault relay settings are different between distribution and transmission systems
- Recall the process by which mutual induction can cause false trips in adjacent lines
- Define overlapping zones of protection
- Identify methods of protection against voltage instability
- Recall the difference between manual and automatic load shedding
Available in English
When you complete this lesson you will understand basic power system line relay loadability and how various protection methods are applied to isolate faults on these systems.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸