- Define the basic construction types for substations
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of the six prominent bus configurations
- Define how a fault on a bus would impact each of the six different bus configurations
- Define how backup protection can be made to respond quicker to bus faults
- Define how fault bus protection can present a hazard to personnel
- Define how CT saturation causes issues with basic differential protection
- Define how high impedance relaying mitigates CT saturation effects
- Define how linear couplers completely eliminate saturation issues
Available in English
When you complete this lesson you will understand the six basic substation bus configurations, as well as the various relaying systems used to protect them.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸