- Recall the difference between primary and secondary controls
- Recall how Automatic Generation Control (AGC) systems operate in an isolated power system setting
- Identify the three AGC system control modes
- Identify the role of AGC systems in Balancing Authority operations
- Recall the requirements of NERCs Balancing Authority Control standard
Available in English
When you complete this lesson you will understand the requirements necessary for a Balancing Authority to be able to calculate Area Control Error and to have Automatic Generation Control that will be able to dispatch Regulating Reserves as needed.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸