- Recognize HAZWOPER work zones and how work tasks in each zone require differing levels of PPE
- Explain the various levels of HAZWOPER PPE used when working with hazardous chemicals
- Recognize under what conditions each level of PPE should be used
- Identify the different types of equipment in each level of PPE, and the features and capabilities of each type
- Explain the limitations specific to each type of PPE
- Recognize characteristics that indicate damage to PPE from chemical exposure
- Identify how to properly use and wear varieties of HAZWOPER PPE
- Define employee and employer responsibilities
Available in English
The purpose of this lesson is to refresh your knowledge of the three HAZWOPER work zones and the four levels of protection and associated types of personal protective equipment (PPE) including their uses, limitations, inspection, and care. One of the most important defenses you have when working with a hazardous substance is PPE which can shield or isolate you from waste site hazards.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸