- Recognize workplace chemical hazards and the risks associated with their use.
- List conditions that may present an exposure risk, possible routes of exposure, and the factors that influence an individual’s reaction to a chemical exposure incident.
- Demonstrate safety precautions that should be taken by workers and employers to minimize exposure to chemicals.
- Demonstrate safe storage, transport, and disposal practices for hazardous chemicals.
- Describe appropriate response actions in the event of a chemical incident.
Available in English
This lesson covers the required awareness training on the occupational hazards common to the handling and use of chemicals, measures you can take to protect yourself from chemical hazards, safe practices for chemical storage and waste disposal, and the correct response to emergency situations involving chemical spills. This lesson does not cover information related to radiological agents, explosives, and biohazardous/infectious agents.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸