- Differentiate between arc flash and electric shock
- Recall hazards and injuries related to arc flash and electric shock
- Recognize the way approach protection boundaries are determined
- Match approach boundary criteria with worker qualifications
- Recall primary elements of an electrical safety program
Available in English
The purpose of the NFPA standard 70E is to provide a standard for safety-related work practices for the construction, maintenance, operation and demolition of electrical systems in the workplace. This Overview covers awareness-level information for workers who have jobs or assignments that bring them into contact with electrical hazards, such as arc flash and electric shock. Completing this lesson does not designate an employee as an electrically-qualified worker.
Sign up to receive free safety resources from Vivid.
Subscribe for Safety ▸