The Coronavirus wave has elevated the role of Health and Safety Ops for most employers—EHS leaders across the world are stepping forward to help their organizations navigate organization-wide crisis response.
At the same time, COVID-19 has painfully exposed programmatic gaps in pandemic preparedness and infectious disease control: plans, systems, IT readiness, personal protective equipment (PPE), and coordination across business units.
Leveraging customer intelligence, our partners at Donesafe moved quickly to develop software applications adapted for the workforce management challenges presented by Coronavirus: tracking and reporting on the spread of cases within an organization (Infectious Disease Management App), and handling employee mass migration to home offices (Work From Home App).
Donesafe built, tested, and launched the apps in 7 days, working around the clock and away from the office.
The Donesafe safety management system (SMS) is by nature entirely configurable without developer or IT assistance—its primary advantage. Its ‘drag and drop’ configuration tools support quick creation of forms, workflows, automation, reports, and dashboards.
Infectious Disease Management App
The new Infectious Disease Management App (free and available now for current Donesafe clients) was built to support organizations of any size working to effectively track and report on the impact of Coronavirus among the employee base. In this time of unprecedented crisis response, this tool provides business leaders with real-time intelligence on COVID-19 cases within the employee population.
This is how it helps:
- Worker registration of COVID-19 status
- Worker symptoms logging
- Direct notification to management of symptomatic colleagues
- Push alerts and policy updates to your workforce
- Report on the number of COVID-19 cases and case status within organizational units
- Reporting for employees in quarantine or self-isolation
Through a simple online form, your employees may report:
- Confirmed COVID-19 cases
- Specific symptoms
- Suspected cases
- Voluntary isolation
- Exposure to affected persons
Employees may also log when they believe exposure occurred, treatment status, exposure risks they’ve presented through common interaction, and location.
All of this data feeds into management’s central, real-time dashboard, for tracking COVID-19.
Also, the Infectious Disease Management App allows you to assign corrective actions. For example, when employees self-report a suspected case of COVID-19, you may assign an action to self-isolate for a period of time, or seek treatment, etc.
Data & Reporting
Employee online form submissions push data to your central Dashboard immediately, for an uncomplicated, point-in-time look at COVID-19 organizational impact.
Here are the data types displayed in the Infectious Disease Dashboard:
- Number of new cases
- Number of suspected cases
- Number of active confirmed cases
- Number of recovered cases
- Employee isolation status: voluntary, quarantine, not isolated
- Number of hospitalizations
- Cases by location
- Cases by stage: suspected, confirmed, recovered
- All open cases
You can drill down into each data set for granular reporting, insights, or corrective action assignments.
Work From Home App
The Work From Home App offers:
- Management oversight of remote workers
- Employee self-assessments for home office environments, including hazard identification and ergonomic situation
- Employee log of incidents and hazards away from work
- Employee requests for home office equipment, with management approval/review
The Work From Home App mobile form offers your employees:
- Ergonomic self-check for remote work environments
- Reporting of work-related incidents
- Reporting of remote work environment hazards
- Equipment requisitions supporting remote work
- Related corrective actions
Tracking COVID-19 Across the Globe
Donesafe also developed a dashboard that tracks global COVID-19 cases, to support strategic decision-making for organizations with international business ties.
The Infectious Disease Management App is free for current Donesafe customers; the Work From Home App is not. To speak with a Donesafe partner representative, book a demonstration, or talk pricing information, please fill out the form below.